The uniform requirements for officials include:
- Stripped Shirts (1 inch vertical black/white stripes with black collar and black cuffs and a pocket on the left breast; long sleeve and short sleeve)
- Undershirt Black t-shirt or turtleneck. (Any visible undergarments must be black.)
- Shorts (Black; although white shorts are optional in 2012)
- Rain Pants (black; try getting pants with belt loops. If you cannot find them you can have a seamstress sew them on.)
- Shoes (all black; mark out any white logos or swooshes with a black marker – shined. Cleats are not required, but may be worn on natural grass surfaces.)
- Socks (all black ankle socks, No calf length black socks. Traditional Lacrosse Hose are optional in 2012)
- Belt (1 1/4 – 2 inches in width black; plain buckle)
- Hat (black baseball style cap with white piping)
- Gloves (if worn for cold games) shall be solid black
- Fox 40 Finger Whistle (spare optional)
- 6’ Mini Tape Measure
- 20-second Timer
- Digital Wrist Watch (with countdown timer function).
- Flags (yellow – 2)
- Scorecard (You may use a plastic one or a paper one you print out or create)
- Pencil (with clip and eraser)
- Large Eraser
- Coin (Half-dollar size or larger).
- Jacket (Stripped; note that officials who work college games will have all black jackets))
- Gear Bag
- Equipment Bag (Small bag for flags, whistles etc.)
- Coaches Certification Cards
- Index Cards
These are things you may want to keep i your trunk, particularly in you are working in an area where Lacrosse is a just getting started.
- Zip Ties
- Air Horn
- White Spray Paint
- Folding Chair
If you are officiating a GHSA sanctioned contest you should have a GHSA patch on your left shoulder and your Association patch on the right shoulder.
American Flag patches are optional for GHSA events. They should be located directly above the pocket on the left breast.
Online Uniform & Equipment Stores
You can often find package deals if you are just starting out. Shorts and socks can be found at discount stores like WalMart,Target, TJ Max or Bealls.