ALO is pleased to announce training dates for the Spring 2014 season. We will host a Training Class for new officials on January 19 at the at the Decatur Recreation Center located at 231 Sycamore Street, Decatur, GA 30030. The class will run from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm. The class is one of a number of steps required to become a certified US Lacrosse official. You can view the requirements for becoming an official at the end of this post.
Space is limited. To register for the January 19 class, please fill out the online registration form. New Officials Training costs $40.
To become a certified US lacrosse Official you must complete ALL of these requirements.
- Complete the Online US Lacrosse Men’s Officiating Course (available through the US Lacrosse Website).
- Take the In-Person Class with ALO
- Work a Field Training with ALO
- Send Certification of Completion of ONLINE course to Greg Hite
- Verify that you have watched the Rules Interpretation video.
- Pass the NFHS Rules Test (you may take this through ALO or US Lacrosse)
- Pass the US Lacrosse Youth Test (you may take this through ALO or US Lacrosse)
- Join or Renew with US Lacrosse Membership as an Official (Select LOA: Georgia Youth Lacrosse Officials)
Once these requirements have been met, ALO will send a Patch confirming that the official has completed certification.