ALO is pleased to announce training dates for the 2014 season. We will host a Training Class for new officials on October 6, 2013. In addition we will hold a new officials training on January 19 and a Re-certification Class on January 26. All classes will be held at the at the Decatur Recreation Center located at 231 Sycamore Street, Decatur, GA 30030. The classes will run from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm.
Space is limited. To register for the October class, please fill out the online registration form. New Officials Training costs $40. The re-certification is Free. Registration information for the re-certifcation class will be emailed to all current US Lacrosse officials.
See the requirements for becoming an official at the end of this post.
2013-14 Training Classes Schedule
- October 6, 2013 New Officials Training
- January 19, 2014 New Officials Training
- January 26, 2014 Re-Certification
To become a certified US lacrosse Official you must complete ALL of these requirements.
- Complete the Online US Lacrosse Men’s Officiating Course (available through the US Lacrosse Website).
- Take the In-Person Class with ALO
- Work a Field Training with ALO
- Send Certification of Completion of ONLINE course to Greg Hite
- Verify that you have watched the Rules Interpretation video.
- Pass the NFHS Rules Test (you may take this through ALO or US Lacrosse)
- Pass the US Lacrosse Youth Test (you may take this through ALO or US Lacrosse)
- Join or Renew with US Lacrosse Membership as an Official (Select LOA: Georgia Youth Lacrosse Officials)
Once these requirements have been met, ALO will send a Patch confirming that the official has completed certification.
EVERY US Lacrosse Official MUST re-certify every season. The recertifiation course is free.