ALO is pleased to announce a US Lacrosse Youth Officials Training Class to be held July 13th and 15th in Decatur, GA. The classroom sessions runs from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm and will be held at the Decatur Recreation Center located at 231 Sycamore St. Decatur, GA 30030 on Saturday, July 13. The field training session will be held Monday, July 15th between 6:00 and 9:00 pm at Decatur High School Field at 310 North McDonough St. Decatur, GA 30030.
Participants must be at least 14 years of age, be members of US Lacrosse and complete all training requirements (see below). Each will receive a copy of the 2013 Boys Lacrosse Rules, the 2013 Training Manual, the Youth Guide as well as a Fox 40 finger whistle and flag.
Space is limited to 30 students so please register online here!
In order to become a certified US Lacrosse Youth Official, you must complete ALL of these SIX requirements.
- Be a registered member of US Lacrosse.
- Take the Class with ALO.
- Work a Field Training with ALO.
- Complete the US Lacrosse Men’s Officiating Online Course (this is an online class offered by US Lacrosse; see below for more details) YOU MUST COMPLETE PRIOR TO JULY 13 and bring a copy of you Certification of Completion of ONLINE to class.
- Watch the 2013 Rules Interpretation video.
- Pass the NFHS Rules Test AND the US Lacrosse Youth Test after the course.
Men’s Officiating Online Course
Click here are the instructions for taking US Lacrosse Men’s Officials Course Online Course.
Once you have completed the ONLINE course you will receive an email with a certificate of completion (see image to right). Please print this certificate out and bring it with you to class on July 13.
Lacrosse Officials Association
Please select Georgia Youth Lacrosse Officials as the LOA when you join or renew as an official with US Lacrosse. Please note that this not an actual association, but a placeholder to allow us to look at your records and update your certifications.
Please note that there will be no refunds for those unable to make one or both sessions.
If you have any questions, and you will, be sure to contact Gordon or myself.
Greg Hite and Gordon Coresetti